Time<->Weather (Re: A suggestion for a possible Python module )
revanna at mn.rr.com
Wed Mar 26 05:45:16 CET 2003
On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:52:47 +0000, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> sismex01 at hebmex.com fed this fish to the penguins on Wednesday 19 March
> 2003 07:47 am:
>> Not always; the most correct form is "clima". I've always felt
>> uncomfortable using "tiempo" when the correct word is "clima", but then
>> maybe that's just me.
> While "tiempo" might be confusing, "clima" would really have me
> California has "climate", it does not have "weather"... Michigan
> "weather", but no "climate" <G>
Reminds me of a lovely piece of Minnesnowta tourist information,
known affectionately as:
OFFICIAL MINNESOTA TEMPERATURE CONVERSION CHART
(note: all temperatures are in Fahrenheit)
- New Jerseyites try to turn on the heat.
- People in Minnesota plant gardens.
- Californians shiver uncontrollably.
- People in Minnesota sunbathe.
- Italian and English cars won't start.
- People in Minnesota drive with the windows down.
- Distilled water freezes.
- Lake Superior's water gets thicker.
- Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves and woolly hats.
- People in Minnesota throw on a flannel shirt.
- Philadelphia landlords finally turn up the heat.
- People in Minnesota have the last cookout before it gets cold.
- People in Miami all die ...
- Minnesota people lick the flagpole.
- Californians fly away to Mexico.
- People in Minnesota get out their winter coats.
- Hollywood disintegrates.
- The Girl Scouts in Minnesota are selling cookies door to door.
- Polar bears begin to evacuate the Arctic.
- Minnesota Boy Scouts postpone Winter Survival classes until it gets cold
- Mt. St. Helen's freezes.
- People in Minnesota rent some videos.
- Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
- Minnesota people get frustrated because they can't thaw the keg.
- Microbial life no longer survives on dairy products.
- Cows in Minnesota complain about farmers with cold hands.
- ALL atomic motion stops (absolute zero on the Kelvin scale).
- People in Minnesota start saying, Cold 'nuff for ya?
- Hell freezes over.
- The Vikings win the Super Bowl!
Just my $.03 worth.
More information about the Python-list