Stupid *nix Question. Where are the HTML docs?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Mar 17 09:01:20 EST 2003

logistix at zworg.com (logistix) writes:

> Do the HTML docs get installed by default on *nix systems?

Depends how you install it.  If you do a "./configure; make; make
install" routine, no.

> If so, where? If not, do most people 'make' them or just download
> the .tgz from python.org?

It's probably easier to grab the tarball.  The tools required to make
them are a bit fragile (for instance, when I try and build them on
this box, the indices don't get generated.  I don't know why -- I'm
sure it worked a while ago, and I don't think I've changed anything).

Cheers,
M.

--
 As it seems to me, in Perl you have to be an expert to correctly make
 a nested data structure like, say, a list of hashes of instances.  In