Books Database

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 06:32:20 EST 2003

On Wednesday 05 March 2003 01:22 pm, Eliran Gonen wrote:

[you have some clock-setting or timezone problem, Eliran, as i'm
reading this one hour earlier than you're alleged to have written
it -- anyway...]:

> Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it>:
> > That depends on your purposes and on the size the database
> > is likely to grow to.
>
> A list of books, ability to locate books, remove/add entries.
> No more than 200-300 books (perhaps even less).

Then a sequential textfile seems to be quite acceptable.

> > Example|Somedood|1969
> > Wuffy|Puffy|2010
>
> This seems to be nice, as I don't need any complexity.

If you're sure you can't have vertical bars within the fields,
it could be good.

> > and "parse" this with [ rec[:-1].split('|') for rec in afile ].
>
> Thanks you all

You're welcome!

Alex