minimum python for distribution on Windows

Bob Roberts bobnotbob at byu.edu
Thu Mar 20 10:23:48 EST 2003

Dave Brueck <dave at pythonapocrypha.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Bob Roberts wrote:
>
> > I just tried out py2exe, and it worked great.  Is it possible to do
> > something similar, but with my python source code still available (and
> > able to be modified)?
>
> IIRC py2exe has a --excludes parameter that tells it to, well, exclude the
> module from the distribution.

Thank you, that worked well.  And thank you for your Python 2.1 Bible,
while I'm at it.

Is it possible to do this without py2exe?  What if I have a large
number of scripts that use pretty much the same modules?  It would be
nice to be able to distribute the python.exe, the libraries, and my
scripts without having to have the python.exe bundled for each script.