Flying With Python (Strong versus Weak Typing)

Erno Kuusela erno-news at
Tue Mar 11 23:23:47 CET 2003

In article <95cs6vo5k8rm15cd1iv0389kqfa2d2k7ht at>, Max
<maxx at> writes:

| The operating system I use (care to guess which one), and it's
| related components (especially the web browser) I believe were
| written in strongly typed languages. They crash regularly - strong
| typing apparently does not replace the need for better testing and
| QA.

i wonder if you are confusing strong and static typing here.
c and c++ certainly are not strongly typed, since the type
system is not enforced (unlike in say, python).

  -- erno