Boost help please

Ben Hutchings do-not-spam-ben.hutchings at businesswebsoftware.com
Thu Mar 20 09:30:57 EST 2003

In article <_fjea.3599$j5.16816 at news>, Jim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am switching some C++ code over to use boost ... but i am having some
> problems just getting things to compile ... the compile error is not
> very helpful so i'll leave it out for now ... the problem i think is
> more related to the fact i need return a structure from a boost function
> .... can anyone help ;-)

Assuming that you're using version 2 of Boost.Python, you should use the
tuple wrapper class.

I'm just a beginner with Boost.Python myself, but I think this should work:

    return boost::python::make_tuple(
        theboard.x60_clk/1e6,
        theboard.pwm_clk/1e6,
        theboard.utx_clk/1e6,
        theboard.urx_clk/1e6,
        theboard.local_ref_clk/1e6,
        theboard.pcr_ref_clk/1e6,
        theboard.mod_ref_clk/1e6,
        theboard.demod_ref_clk/1e6,
        theboard.mod_utopia,
        theboard.demod_utopia,
        theboard.dac_type,
        theboard.adc_type);

Consider defining a new Python class/type to hold all these values, as
code that accesses the anonymous members of a large tuple can be quite
hard to read and maintain.