[SciPy] Crash prevents me from plotting

F. GEIGER fgeiger at datec.at
Fri Mar 21 19:53:08 CET 2003

Anyone SciPy using here? Seems to be a great package, so I downloaded it
today. Alas, I could not get it to plot.

So here is what I have so far:

Steps to reproduce the crash (you can drop the version stuff):

ActivePython 2.2.1 Build 222 (ActiveState Corp.) based on
Python 2.2.1 (#34, Apr 15 2002, 09:51:39) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
>>> import Numeric
>>> Numeric.__version__
>>> import wxPython
>>> wxPython.__version__
>>> import scipy
>>> scipy.__version__
>>> from Numeric import *
>>> import gui_thread
>>> from scipy import plt
>>> x = arange(11.)*(2*pi)/10.
>>> y = sin(x)
>>> plt.plot(x,y)

What I'd expected:

A sine graph.

What I got:

A moment before the GPF window opens, I can see
DeprecationWarning: Use Python's
which does not seem critical to me.

Firing up the debugger tells me, that a module caused Python to read from
address 0x00000000,
which results in an access violation.

I suspect, that SciPy relies on an older version of wxPython. But I could
not find in the dox, which one it expects. Any idea?

Best regards

P.S.: The whole thing happens on Windows XP Prof. I installed both Numeric
and SciPy
today with the binary installers.