Integer arithmetic

Michael Chermside mcherm at mcherm.com
Thu Mar 27 12:39:49 EST 2003

Peter Hansen wrote:
> Please explain the purpose behind your desire for this.  Python
> certainly uses pointers internally, in the C implementation at
> least, but they are not exactly exposed to the programmer.
> Perhaps if you explain what you want, the answer will be easier.

The original poster claimed to be writing a c compiler in Python.
I presume he meant a C interpreter (the exact meaning of these
terms is a bit hazy anyhow), in which case Tetsuo's question is a
valid one. I certainly hope the answer is the dictionary or array.
It's a peculiar task to have set oneself, but I suppose it'd be
a great way to really get to know the C language.

-- Michael Chermside