Serializing PyThreads without holding interpreter lock?

Albert Hofkamp hat at
Thu Mar 20 13:35:14 CET 2003

On 18 Mar 2003 21:33:52 +0100, Martin v. Löwis <martin at> wrote:
> Albert Hofkamp <hat at> writes:
>> I just checked again, PyThread_lock_type, PyThread_acquire_lock, and
>> PyThread_release_lock are _NOT_ in the (index of the) C/API manual and
>> neither are they in the embedding/extending manual, at least I couldn't
>> find them.
> That is correct.
>> Maybe there are other manuals that describe thread-programming in Python?
> No, it is just undocumented. Contributions are welcome; please send
> patches to
> Regards,
> Martin

I have that already in mind, except that there are a number of other things
with a much higher priority that I need to deal with first.

Unlike popular belief, the .doc format is not an open publically available format.