threaded COM server problem

sunita Gupta sgupta at wi.mit.edu
Thu Mar 6 15:02:31 EST 2003

> =================
> def run (configurationFile=None, excelComClient=None):
>
>     pythoncom.CoInitializeEx(pythoncom.COINIT_MULTITHREADED)
>     gUIApp = myApp()
>     gUIApp.MainLoop()
>     pythoncom.CoUninitialize()
>

> Regards
> Alexander

Doesn't wxPython want to be the top level thread while running?  I have
tried the same approach ( I was using a debug build of wxPython which
may have generated the particular error messages) and have gotten error
messages to this effect.

My solution was to spawn a new python process and have a threaded python
com server just wait for completion.  i.e. I used pipes for I/O between
the COM server and the python process.

I hope this helps.
Brian