Python Interpreter with multiple Python Programs

Anthony Irwin anthonyi at toolboxsoftware.com.au
Mon Mar 10 01:28:34 EST 2003

Hi,

I have recently started learning Python and have a question about the
interpreter, if I run multiple Python programs will the Python interpreter
load for each program I run.

e.g. If I run 4 Python programs will 4 Python interpreters load or 1
interpreter for all 4 programs.

I know there is a virtual Java environment (probably using incorrect term
here) that you can get for Java that will only load the Java interpreter
once instead of loading the interpreter for every Java program loaded is
this an issue for Python?

Kind Regards,
Anthony Irwin