alternative manuals

Des Small des.small at
Thu Mar 27 16:39:27 CET 2003

Graeme Mathieson <mathie at> writes:

>     Marko> Hi there, I would like to ask if someone uses other functions
>     Marko> and library references then these at  Maybe
>     Marko> web references, maybe real books.
> Python in a Nutshell[1].  Well, it turned up from Amazon on Friday along
> with Learning Python and Programming Python which I'm currently working
> through.  I fully intend to use it.

I got the Nutshell today, from an actual meatspace book shop.  I
strongly recommend it (already) as a first line of reference.  As of
now, that's what I use.

> On the other hand, the documentation on the main website looks pretty
> good.

The official documentation is authoritative, of course, but I
always struggle to find what I want in it.

> Footnotes:
> [1]
> --
> Right now, there are scr1pt k1dd13s plotting to DDoS my network, my co-lo
> server is not responding  to pings and  the people that I IRC with may be
> involved in both.  I'm  sysadmin Graeme Mathieson and this is the longest
> day of my life.

Des Small / Scientific Programmer/ School of Mathematics /
University of Bristol / UK / Word falling / Image falling