IME withTix on multilanguagesupported system ?

Martin v. Löwis martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Mar 2 17:22:26 EST 2003

bachhx at mail.ru (Bach) writes:

>   3)Question:How Python support IME ?.In Tix How can I resolve the
> problem ?

It's not that much an issue of Python and Tkinter, but more a problem
of Tk itself, which doesn't interact with the system's IME. I believe
IME support for Windows is available in Tk 8.4, but I have not tested
this yet.

I recommend you install Tk 8.4 and check whether IME works in an entry
widget (say); if it does, you need to use a Python built with Tk 8.4 -
I recommend that you try 2.3a2.

Regards,
Martin