PEP 312 - Making lambdas implicit worries me, surely it's just the name 'lambda' that is bad...

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Mon Mar 3 03:34:18 EST 2003

If I understand correctly, functional-savvy (or even aware) people are
minority of Python programmers. So all features which advance the FP
paradigma will be countered by those who "do not need the feature".

Will it lead to a FunPython fork in the future? I hope not!

If FP in Python is indeed Guido's mistake, then lets deprecate lambda,
map, filter, etc and ban function objects as function arguments/results.
;-)

Sincerely yours, Roman A.Suzi
--
 - Petrozavodsk - Karelia - Russia - mailto:rnd at onego.ru -