Perl Vs Python, Associative arrays, regex, and other considerations.

Douglas Wilson dwilson at gtemail.net
Sat Mar 1 12:54:04 EST 2003

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:26:06 GMT, "John Smith" <someone at microsoft.com> wrote:

>David:
>   this is good stuff. Knowing neither language I was trying to learn one or
>the other, rather than both.
>I do not know what are associatives arrays, (can guess though), and will
>look it up.
>I also wish to get some feedback on things like:

If I were looking for another language to learn after perl, it would be
ruby. The only thing that ruby lacks so far is a good CPAN (everything
all in one place).

As someone else said elsewhere, it would have been better to
post in comp.lang.perl.misc, as comp.lang.perl is officially a dead
newgroup (its said that well configured news servers do not even
carry clp). There are more knowledgeable people at clpm, and you're
more likely to find good answers (and just plain more answers) there.

-Doug