lists v. tuples

Chermside, Michael mchermside at ingdirect.com
Mon Mar 17 08:58:05 EST 2003

[Glyph Lefkowitz]
> This smells like another unformed PEP I don't have the time to think
> about or implement :-(, but I would definitely like to see mutability
> guarantees worm their way into the language at some point, too.

Hmm... as far as I can tell, this would be a fairly trivial change.
All we'd need to do is make a slight modification (just adding one
method to each) to ints, strings, and tuples (and perhaps a couple of
others) and you'd have your guarantee!

Of-course-guaranteeing-that-everything-is-mutable-might-not-be-what-you-expected

-- Michael Chermside