OT: Re: Prime number algo... what's wrong?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Mar 27 15:23:30 EST 2003

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters wrote:

> "Max Khesin" <max at cNOvSisiPonAtecMh.com> wrote previously:
> |I wonder how he would like all the US sites providing useful
> |information to block access to him.  It should only be fair according to
> |his logic.
>
> Finland is not carrying out an illegal invasion of any sovereign country
> at this time (to say nothing of the multiple associated US war crimes).
> There is simply no symmetry to Khesin's suggestion... maybe only an
> implicit war mongering.
>
> That said, Khesin, or anyone else who has a website, is perfectly free
> to establish whatever usage policy he decides.  A website is not a
> public utility.  If I want to only allow visitors from countries whose
> name begins with A-M (and I can figure out how technologically), that's
> well within my rights.

I have a web site, but I've had to block access from all sites since
I have various concerns about the foreign policies and human rights
records of every country on the planet (and some others besides).

As a result, I get very little traffic...  sad, really.

I'm happy to report that the frequency of DOS attacks on my site are
way, way down, however.

-Peter