psyco in the standard distribution

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Mar 24 04:29:51 EST 2003

"Ian McMeans" <imcmeans at telus.net> writes:

> Maybe this has been brought up before, but should pysco be added to
> the standard library once it's mature enough?

The maintainers prefer the standard library not to contain large gobs
of code they don't understand[1], and, well..., have you looked at the
psyco source?  All depends what you mean by "mature", I guess.

Cheers,
M.

[1] That means *you*, inspect.

--
  It *is*, however, rather juvenile, in contravention of the
  Trades Descriptions Act, and will lead eventually to the Dragon