Upload of binary files

Peter Mott peter.mott at btconnect.com
Thu Mar 13 02:58:28 EST 2003

Agreed - I copied the code, mine originally used read(). But read does not
fix it. Here is an even shorter script:

#! C:/python22/python.exe
import cgi
import cgitb; cgitb.enable()

form = cgi.FieldStorage()

if form.has_key("Data"):
    fileinfo=form["Data"]
    data = fileinfo.file.read()

print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n"
print len(data)

----
Text files print their lengths. Graphic files truncate, one to 176 bytes
(actually 176, 177, 176, different each upload). Another gets 3323 bytes up.
A .png file mangages only 4.  The HTML is:

<form action="http://in24/cgi-bin/upload.py"
method="post"
enctype="multipart/form-data">
Text File: <input type="file" name="Data"><br>
<input type="submit" value="-OK-">

Peter

news:8b5e42a6.0303121653.6d452403 at posting.google.com...
news:<b4nul3$7d2$1 at knossos.btinternet.com>...