Code speedup tips

Sean Richards someone at invalid.com
Tue Mar 4 01:26:28 EST 2003

On Sun, 2 Mar 2003 09:07:18 -0500, Justin Shaw wrote:

> What are you using to draw the results?  I have coded up some of
> Wolfram's stuff and had a bottle neck in the drawing of the pictures.

Hi,

I am using a Tkinter PhotoImage to draw the CA. I ran the python
profiler over the new improved code and it uses ~25% of the processing
time to draw the picture. So you are right there is a bottle neck in the
drawing of the picture. Did you come up with a quicker way of displaying
the array as an image?

Sean