Struggling with ActiveX

Hoang tr at
Thu Mar 6 14:29:26 CET 2003

I am struggling to instantiate an activeX component.  The example in wxPython creates an object that has a
container.  Is there a way to create a component that doesn't have a
container?  As a simple example, I am trying to instantiate a Microsoft
Calendar control.  Here is the relevant code:
from wxPython.wx import *
from wxPython.lib.activexwrapper import MakeActiveXClass
import win32com.client.gencache

calendar =
ActiveXWrapper = MakeActiveXClass(calendar)

The error message:  AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
'default_source'.  Has anyone working on the Win32 side fallen into this pit