Vote on PEP 308: Ternary Operator

Michele Simionato mis6 at pitt.edu
Tue Mar 4 11:23:50 EST 2003

This voting procedure forces me to write what I like the best
(even in the 'reject' case, I must check the last hated expression).
I have no way to express what I dislike the most. Of all thosse, I
dislike
the most (if C: x else: y). But I cannot write reject (if C: x else:
y)
meaning I prefer NO-CHANGE over (if C: x else: y), otherwise this
would be interpreted as "if a change if forced, the one I dislike the
less is
(if C: x else: y)". This means that writing "reject (if C: x else: y)"
I would actually *favor* this idiom!!

This is a very confusing votation system :-(

I think people can easily get confused (as I was) and actually favor
what they
dislike the most. Just to point out again the shortcomings of
this strange idea of rejecting the most loved alternative ....

--
Michele Simionato - Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
210 Allen Hall Pittsburgh PA 15260 U.S.A.