ANN: Ballot for Complementary PEP308 Ternary VOTE

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Wed Mar 5 19:00:08 EST 2003

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 03:05:11PM -0800, Erik Max Francis wrote:
> It's irrelevant what the best voting system would have been.  The
> problem is that second, third, or sixth votes are not going to change
> anything.  Only the first vote, however flawed one might feel it was,
> counts.

Oh, please. Guido is not a mindless bureaucracy. If the first vote shows The
Python Community shows massive acceptance of, say, 'C ->> a else? b' but
other, 'unofficial' votes with the same order of responses clearly state
otherwise, he isn't going to blindly go with the first vote. Or if he is,
he's finally gone mad :)

Lighten up, people. This isn't a matter of life and death. Worst case, it's
a minor wart that gets added to Python. It's not like it's about electing
the president of one of the most powerful countries in the world, please.

Of-course-I-will-stop-using-Python-if-pep308-gets-added<0.5 wink>'ly y'rs,
--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>