xforms (W3C) intepreter in Python?

Gerald Bauer gerald at vamphq.com
Sat Mar 1 02:51:46 EST 2003

Hi Brad,

> I've been playing the DHTML, XML-RPC & Zope game for 2 years now, and am
> ready to move on to something more cross platform and robust.
>
> For data entry, I've been looking at xforms (the W3C standard, not the Linux
> frame buffer gui).
>
> I like the idea of Xforms, and would like to tinker with an xforms
> "interpreter" that could support "bolt-on" GUI's. I don't want to be tied to
> just wxPython, Swing (via Jython) or even win32gui.
>
> Anyone else looking at xforms?

   Yes. XForms is my top priority and I plan to add it over the next
couple of weeks/months to the Luxor XUL toolkit.

   You can find out more about Luxor XUL @
http://luxor-xul.sourceforge.net
   To find out more about XUL (XML User Interface Language) check out
the Richmond Post Link-opida @
http://luxor-xul.sourceforge.net/post/links.html

   XUL and XForms are a perfect match. XForms adds data binding to XUL
and XUL adds a rich widget set to XForms.

> I'd like the "interpreter" to run in CPython and Jython, and be abstract
> enough to support any gui.

   For now Luxor runs on Java and Swing including Jython. An Eclipse
SWT early prototype is available too.

   You're more than welcome to contribute or join the discussion on
the Luxor XUL user mainling list @