JMX equivalent in Python

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Tue Mar 18 01:06:16 EST 2003

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 08:26:02PM -0800, Tim Randolph wrote:
> I have been digging into JMX [1] and am wondering if there is any
> equivalent in Python.
>
> JMX is a Java extension that specify application managment
> architecture, api's and basic services.

  For those of us no longer (or who never were) in the Java-know, can you
give some more specifics, maybe some examples?

  The high level overview reads like stereo instructions:

"A JMX manager provides an interface for management applications to interact
with the agent, distribute or consolidate management information, and
provide security."

  Come again?

  Jp

--
Examinations are formidable even to the best prepared, for
even the greatest fool may ask more the the wisest man can answer.