[ANN] Version 1.30.0 of the Boost libraries
dave at boost-consulting.com
Thu Mar 20 19:25:59 CET 2003
Boost version 1.30.0 has been released. The highlights include:
* Updates for Boost.Python, including better support for C++
polymorphism, and introducing Pyste, a front-end wrapping code
generator which allows most C++ code to be wrapped entirely using
* Filesystem Library added - Portable paths, iteration over
directories, and other useful filesystem operations, from Beman
* Optional Library added - A discriminated-union wrapper for optional
values, from Fernando Cacciola.
* Interval Library added - Extends the usual arithmetic functions to
mathematical intervals, from Guillaume Melquiond, Hervé Brönnimann
and Sylvain Pion.
* MPL added - Template metaprogramming framework of compile-time
algorithms, sequences and metafunction classes, from Aleksey
* Spirit Library added - An LL (unlimited lookahead) parser framework
that represents parsers directly as EBNF grammars in inlined C++
source code, complete with semantic actions, ASTs and much more,
from Joel de Guzman and team.
* Smart Pointers Library - many enhancements, intrusive_ptr and smart
pointer programming techniques docs added.
* boost/assert.hpp, boost/current_function.hpp,
boost/throw_exception.hpp, boost/checked_delete.hpp have been
* Date-Time Library - several fixes and small additions including an
interface change to partial_date.
* Function Library - added support for assignment to zero (to clear)
and comparison against zero (to check if empty).
* Operators Library - now takes advantage of named return value
optimization (NRVO) when available, from Daniel Frey.
* Regression Tests - Much expanded, plus a very nice summary page from
* Test Library - added new facilities.
* Many fixes and enhancements to other libraries.
See www.boost.org for more information.
More information about the Python-list