Is Python the Esperanto of programming languages?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Mar 21 18:47:01 EST 2003

Carl Banks wrote:

> When I say redundant, it means there are two things saying the same
> thing.  When I say superfluous, I mean there is one thing saying
> something and one thing saying nothing.

And when there's only one thing that doesn't convey any information (an
unconjugated verb, like "the man go to the store"), or two things that
say opposite things ("this things")?  Those are neither redundant nor
superfluous by your definition, they are ambiguous.

/  \ Never use two words when one will do best.
\__/ Harry S. Truman
    Sade Deluxe / http://www.sadedeluxe.com/
 The ultimate Sade encyclopedia.