Upload of binary files

Ben Hutchings do-not-spam-ben.hutchings at businesswebsoftware.com
Wed Mar 19 06:54:40 EST 2003

In article <cY1da.57265$JE5.55855 at news2.central.cox.net>, Steve Holden wrote:
<snip>
> One last thing you might try if your web server honors the shebang
> convention (as Xitami and Apache both do, for example, even on Windows) is
> to use a first line similar to
>
> #!C:/python22/python -u
>
> This will cause Python to run unbuffered, and should obviate the need to
> explicitly use the mscvrt module.

Well it's not the buffering but the text translation that's the problem,
but I see that -u controls both of these.  This looks like a much cleaner
solution.

(The command-line options don't seem to be documented in the standard
Python documentation.  It seems to me that they deserve a bit more than
the description that python -h prints.)