ANN: Ballot for Complementary PEP308 Ternary VOTE

Norman Petry npetry1 at
Thu Mar 6 01:12:33 CET 2003

On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:03:14 +0000, Erik Max Francis wrote:

> "Manuel M. Garcia" wrote:
>> Your message may have been canceled because it was misinterpreted as an
>> attempt to disrupt the voting.  Your intentions are obviously good
>> (obvious to me), but every element of the PEP voting has led to heated
>> discussions, and there is the possibility of someone trying to derail
>> the vote.  Your post should not have been deleted, but I would like to
>> be charitable and think it that person who did it had good intentions
>> too.
>> I am not even sure who might have the power to delete the post, if
>> anyone.  If it was only a Usenet glitch, it would not be the first one.
> I don't think there's any reason to think cancellation was involved.  It
> strikes me as very sensationalistic to even bring it up without any
> evidence or inclination that it in fact occurred.

Well, I'm not sure what's going on.  I re-posted the message I'd sent on
Sunday, but this time sent it to the mailing-list, rather than via Usenet.
 This time, it does appear that my message showed up on the mailing list
 at least. You'll find it archived here:

The mail-news gateway should be forwarding this, shouldn't it?  From what
I can tell, this message still hasn't shown up on comp.lang.python, and I
sent it several hours ago.  I would like to believe that it is getting
dropped because it is too long (~ 400-500 lines), except that there are
currently 4-5 messages on comp.lang.python that are twice that length, and
I've seen some with over 1200 lines.

Any better theories about what's happening here would be appreciated.

Norman Petry