Problem finding modules

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Mar 6 16:23:01 EST 2003

Janos Blazi wrote:

> I have just downloaded Py 2.2.2 for Windows, It is installed in
> c:\Python22. And now Python cannot find a module that is in
> Python22\Lib\site-packages. What have I to do?

Do you have an environment variable PYTHONPATH or PYTHONHOME that is
set inappropriately?

Try running python interactively, then type "import sys" and then
"sys.path".  What you see listed is what Python thinks the path
should be for finding files, including site-packages.  If it's
really bizarre, either post it or deduce what went wrong...

-Peter