Searching in Active Directory (also using LDAP in Windows)

Rudy Schockaert rudy.schockaert at
Tue Mar 25 20:03:56 CET 2003

> > I also tried Python-LDAP, but no avail either.
> Which version, which platform?
All I'm doing for the moment is on Windows 2000 platform. I used
Python-LDAP-1.10a3.win32-py2.2.exe which was the latest version I could find
for Windows

>  > Has anyone been able to access or search Active Directory succesfully?
> Yes, with python-ldap running on Linux. Make sure you have proper access
> rights. There are a bunch of security config options in M$ AD.
Security is not the issue. When I try to do exactly the same with VBScript,
with the same user account, it all works well. I only want to replace
VBScript by Python.

> > Does anyone know of another LDAP module for Python on Windows?
> In theory one should be able to build OpenLDAP and python-ldap on Win32.
> Contributed binaries welcome!
I'm afraid that I'm not best person to take up that task.

> > I can always send some example scripts if someone's interested.
> Yepp.
I'll start testing again in a few moments. I'll send some scripts together
with their result.

> Ciao, Michael.
Ciao and thanks for the response,