Generating XML.

Gilles Lenfant glenfant at NOSPAM.bigfoot.com
Tue Mar 4 05:55:37 EST 2003

"TuxedoKamen" <endymion at myrealbox.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
Xns9333BB86F873Fendymion84charternet at 216.168.3.44...
>     Hello.  I have a program that needs to do the following:
> 1. Reads an XML file using the minidom interface
> 2. Proceeds to present the information to the user for viewing
> 3. Allows the user to update the information if desired
> 4. If user made any changes, saves updated information to XML file.
>
>     I'm familiar with how to do one, two, and three, but four has me a
> little confused.  I am assuming it is possible to manipulate the various
> nodes of the dom tree as necessary (this would certainly make editing the
> XML easy), but I don't see any mention of exporting the tree to an
external
> textfile.  Is this possible?  If not, what's the best way to get a DOM
tree
> out of an application and into a text file?

Perhaps you should consider using the bitflux editor (client side) while you
can stuff in Python on server side.

http://www.bitfluxeditor.org

Requires Mozilla (like) client. A version for IE 5.5(+) client is in the
todo list.

--Gilles