Python Jobs?

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Thu Mar 6 08:18:33 EST 2003

In article <b46nb3$1sm3lc$5 at ID-99293.news.dfncis.de>,
William Park  <opengeometry at yahoo.ca> wrote:
>Kevin Strasser <kstrasse at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Is it me or are there seemingly no Python-related jobs out there? Or am I
>> looking in the wrong places? I really find this depressing -- as I truly
>> love the language.
>
>There is no such thing as "Python jobs".  There are jobs, where tasks
>can be solved using Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, etc.  You choose.
			.
			.
			.
Let's make this even more explicit.  For a variety of
institutional reasons, that have little to do with
engineering merit, there *are* "Java jobs", "C++ jobs",
and so on.  A naive person might reasonably expect a
proportional number of "Python jobs".  'Tisn't so,
though.  While there are a few "Python jobs", they are
very, very few.

There are a LOT of jobs where Python will help you,
though.

Anyway, unless you're quite unusual, you only need one.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net