bsddb crashes on windows

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Mar 7 10:37:31 EST 2003

    Vijay> Does this mean that if I use bsddb3 with Python 2.2 I wont have
    Vijay> to make any change when I use the same code base with Python 2.3.

    Skip> Correct.  You can still call bsddb.hashopen(...) to open a
    Skip> database file.

My mistake.  I read a bit too fast and missed the "3".  If you want to use
code in the distribution you'll have to change your imports at least.  On
the other hand, if you installed PyBSDDB (aka bsddb3) separately, just
reinstall it using Python 2.3 and you should be okay.  You'll have two
versions of the same package installed, but it shouldn't be a problem unless
there's a name clash at the C level.

Skip