ANN: Ballot for Complementary PEP308 Ternary VOTE

phil hunt philh at cabalamat.org
Wed Mar 5 19:03:54 EST 2003

On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 16:47:17 -0600, sik0fewl <xxdigitalhellxx at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I disagree. I think Condorcet is the best voting system to use for
>> this purpose. If the original vote had used it, there would be no
>> need for a second one.
>
>Personally I think there SHOULD be two votes. One to decide if a
>conditional expression should even be included in the first place. Then
>if the decision is yes, decide what operator to use.

I disagree.

What if the choices are conditional-form-A and conditional-form-B?

You like form-A, and prefer it to no change. You dislike form-B and
would rather have no form than have it.

With your suggested voting system, there is no way you can express
your true preferences. But you can with Condorcet.

--
|*|*|  Philip Hunt <philh at cabalamat.org>  |*|*|
|*|*|  "Memes are a hoax; pass it on"     |*|*|