State of Python

Brett g Porter bgporter at artlogic.com
Fri May 16 10:41:31 EDT 2003

A.M. Kuchling wrote:
> On 16 May 2003 06:11:43 -0700,
> 	John Howard <python473 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>etc about Python in recent months?  I regularly receive several
>>magazines (dobbs, computerworld, etc) and seen very few if any
>>articles touting Python.  I have had great success using the language
>

> Really?  I just started a new DDJ subscription, and the first two issues
> (May and June) both had articles that mentioned Python: one presented an
> algorithm for canonicalizing graphs, and one used Python in an example to
> call an embedded XML-RPC server.  The latter article even said something
> like "Notice how the C example is 50 lines, and the Python one is only
> seven."

In an odd bit of timing, I had an article in the April issue of DDJ that
used Python to talk to an embedded XML-RPC server. I thought it was a
little odd to see another article so similar to mine so soon afterwards,
but I guess it's one of those things that's 'in the air' right now.

DDJ seems to have articles that use or mention Python about 5-6 times a
year.