Raising objects

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue May 6 19:53:28 EDT 2003

In article <mailman.1052235851.10926.python-list at python.org>,
Michael Chermside  <mcherm at mcherm.com> wrote:
>Aahz wrote:
>>Greg Ewing wrote:
>>>
>>> there's no reason that "raise C, v" couldn't be eliminated in favour of
>>>"raise C(v)".
>>
>> I see no point in making that change until print is no longer a
>> statement.
>
>What on earth is the connection between raise and print?

They're both statements that use a comma form instead of call form.
>From my POV, there's no special advantage to removing the comma form of
raise, so it might as well stay until we fix print.

"In many ways, it's a dull language, borrowing solid old concepts from
many other languages & styles:  boring syntax, unsurprising semantics,
few automatic coercions, etc etc.  But that's one of the things I like
about it."  --Tim Peters on Python, 16 Sep 93