Request for feedback on my first Python program

Raseliarison nirinA nirina at mail.blueline.mg
Sat May 31 08:16:59 EDT 2003

"Scott Meyers" writes:

>   - Is it better to get into the habit of (a) importing modules and using
>     fully qualified names or (b) importing selective names from modules
>     and using them without qualification?  That is, which is generally
>     better?
>
>       import sys               # a
>       sys.exit(1)
>
>       from sys import exit     # b
>       exit(1)

i cannot tell which is better. personally, i choose between them following
the context.
for example, with the form (a), one can use the same function names in
several modules. and when i use Tkinter, i always call:

        from Tkinter import *

sometimes, the built-in function __import__ is useful:

        SYS = __import__('sys')
        QUIT = getattr(SYS,'exit')
        QUIT(1)

if you want only one function from a module, you can specify its name, like
this:

        from sys import exit as QUIT
        QUIT(1)

also, take a look at the imp module:

        >>> import imp
        >>> help(imp)
        Help on built-in module imp:

        NAME
            imp

        FILE
            (built-in)

        DESCRIPTION
            This module provides the components needed to build your own
            __import__ function.

--
nirinA