Gui Advice Needed: wxPython or PyQT ?

sismex01 at hebmex.com sismex01 at hebmex.com
Thu May 8 12:07:42 EDT 2003

> It's a tough line to tread though - on the commercial front its not
> necessarily fair for TrollTech (or Riverbank) to be expected to
> compete on price with free products, although I do think they have
> some burden to produce a better product (features, support, whatever)
> since the free products are out there.  And if their pricing is
> working for them as a business model I'm not expecting it to change
> just because I can't justify it at the moment in my own shop. :-)
>
> But I do think it's fair to point out the (potentially high) hurdle
> the licensing/pricing model for Qt when discussing toolkits if a
> commercial endeavor is part of the equation.

I believe it's kinda tough also, specially for small shops.

OTOH, TrollTech and Riverbank *do* have a very strong incentive
to produce a better product, because they are in competition
with a lot of free toolkits out there, some of them quite
good, or at least "good enough" for most projects.

So... maybe PyQT is a better toolkit than average... experience
will tell.

:-)

-gca