PyQT

flashydave dave at planet.tele2.co.uk
Fri May 2 15:59:46 EDT 2003

I've experienced the same problem. The PyQt README.Linux suggests:

This file describes some things to be aware of when building PyQt
under Linux.

Broken Mandrake and Debian Qt Installations

Both Mandrake and Debian implement some or all of the style classes,
particularly QSGIStyle, QCDEStyle, QWindowsStyle and QMotifStyle, as
plugins
but don't make the corresponding changes to the file
$QTDIR/include/qconfig.h.

If you get unresolved symbols relating to any of these classes when
building
PyQt then trying adding one or more of the following lines to
$QTDIR/include/qconfig.h and then re-building PyQt.

#define QT_NO_STYLE_CDE
#define QT_NO_STYLE_MOTIF
#define QT_NO_STYLE_SGI
#define QT_NO_STYLE_WINDOWS

and if you demangle the symbol failure this seems to make sense
although currently I've got a problem in that it stops PyQt from
compiling. More investigation required I guess but maybe this may be a
line you might want to try with.

Dave