Help with coroutine-based state machines?

Michele Simionato mis6 at pitt.edu
Fri May 30 09:40:49 EDT 2003

Alan Kennedy <alanmk at hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3ED622CA.4B01E3C1 at hotmail.com>...

> But there isn't a generator type in the types module? So, that's a
> question I'd like to ask: can anyone tell me how to discover the
> generator-functions of an object, and differentiate them from
> ordinary functions?

Other have answered your question. I will add that *there is* a generator
type in the types module (even if it does not do what you want)

>>> from types import GeneratorType
>>> def g():
...     yield 1
>>> type(g()) is GeneratorType
True

Hint: look at the source code of the types module and see how GeneratorType
is defined ...

                                              Michele