passing by refference

Jack Diederich jack at performancedrivers.com
Thu May 29 19:03:01 EDT 2003

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 05:15:01PM -0500, Doug Quale wrote:
> aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) writes:
<snipped large amounts of crap>
> Java argument passing behaves just like Python's.  Java is
> call-by-value according to James Gosling.

I looked it up, and Gosling's full quote was

 Dude, whatever.  If I absolutely have to describe it in the simplified and
 out of date taxonomy you learned as an undergrad I would call it pass by
 value.  Now leave me alone so I can drink my beer.

Let the thread die people, there is a fine line between pedantry and zealotry

-jack

ps, no slight meant Aahz; Just reinforcing your post to put an extra nail in the coffin.