Python Bible recommendations?

Lee John Moore leej at dsl.pipex.com
Thu May 29 04:42:44 EDT 2003

I've got my feet wet with python by following a few online
tutorials, but can't help feeling I'm 'missing a few links'.
For that reason, I'm 90% decided upon buying David Brueck's
"Python Bible".

I want to avoid the 'Teach Yourself...' titles because they
focus too much on aspects I'm already familiar with as a
programmer of other languages (C, C++ & Pascal amongst others).

Would other users of the group recommend this 'bible' or
something else, for somebody like me just getting his feet wet?
--
"Male physiology is a static and lifeless thing."
                           Will Self, Cock & Bull