building simple python 'embedding' in vc++6

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Thu May 29 00:49:44 EDT 2003

Mark Hammond wrote:

> If all you want is to debug your release builds, why not simply change
> the C++ options for that build to include debug info?  That is
> certainly a lot less risky than your advice.

Which brings up a question:

    How does one get distutils to do this?  Is there an option for it?
    Anyone know?

I often find myself using printf instead of a debugger because getting a
debug Python build (with all the extra libraries) is such a pain.  I'd
really like to find out that:

    setup.py build --debug-with-release-python=1

or whatever, would build with the debugging info.

Inquiring minds want to know,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder