why no break N levels, as in other leading languages?

Dan Jacobson jidanni at dman.ddts.net
Thu May 1 15:52:03 EDT 2003

In bash there is
$ help break
break: break [n]
    Exit from within a FOR, WHILE or UNTIL loop.  If N is specified,
    break N levels.

In python did that Guido fella (who by the way looks like he's the
kind of kid who gets picked on by bullies, like Jerry in the Parker
Lewis former TV series.  Well, at least he doesn't have a name like
"Barksdale", like the boy named after a golden retriever, however
"Rossum" does rhyme with possum, however I suppose it is still
usable) [end of free bonus entertaining paragraph, be grateful]

... oops, where were we? Anyway, in python did he forget
about giving it a N ability or is there of course some higher
principle involved?

Nothing mentioned about when one wants to use N in either "help" or
tut/node6.html
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780