Windows Interpreter Without Installing?

Eddie edd at hotpop.com
Wed May 14 00:55:23 EDT 2003

Hi all,

Is it possible to have my script on a CD, and run on it with a copy of
the Python interpreter that is also on the CD?

I've tried copying the install to a vanilla build of windows, but it
complains about not finding the PYTHON22.DLL in the system32 folder.
When I copied this DLL to the same folder that the interpreter was in,
it just didn't run (no error).
I'd also like a GUI if possible, to make it nice & easy for the users
who struggle to understand, so I might be trying to run wxPython too.
Does any one know if it's possible to run this directly off the CD as
well?

I'm creating this CD to distribute some client applications (to
several offices). This way I don't have to worry about what is & isn't
installed on the PC, which version of Windows, which service pack...
etc... I'm doing this already with Java, with a certain degree of
success, but it's a little on the slow side. so I thought I would try
it with Python to see how much it performance improves.
BTW: If anyone can think of a better way of going this (another
interpreter or scripting language or easier way to make the GUI), let
me know of your thoughts.

Thanks!