Gui Advice Needed: wxPython or PyQT ?

Andrew Henshaw andrew.henshaw at gtri.gatech.edu
Sat May 10 07:12:34 EDT 2003

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

>> Here are some screenshots from a small app that I've done using wxPython
>> (thanks to kodos <http://kodos.sourceforge.net> for the UI inspiration)
>>
>> under win2000:
>>    http://webpages.charter.net/ahenshaw/regexTester2000.jpg
>>
>> and under winXP:
>>         http://webpages.charter.net/ahenshaw/regexTesterXP.jpg
>>
>> with no manifest file.  I'd say they both look appropriately native and
>> that the facelift is notable.
>
> did you use a version of wxPython distributed *before* Windows
> XP was released?

Good question - no.  Although, from my understanding of the underlying
mechanism, I'd doubt if it made much difference.  However, I'll see if I
can get a version from before Sep 2001 to test.  The sourceforge site
doesn't list binaries from that early.

> or are you just saying that if you can get a facelift if you upgrade
> portions of your application (i.e. the wxPython libraries) only if you
> use wxPython?   that's in line with much wxPython propaganda I've
> seen over the years, but I can assure you that it has very little to
> do with reality.

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand the question.  I think my answer
should be 'no' :).

> </F>

--Andy