Seeking wisdom on URI path parameters.

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Sat May 31 09:34:37 EDT 2003

JanC wrote:

> You could read "they are not significant" as "it's not significant whether
> parameters are included or not" or "their existence is not significant".

Which is increasingly appearing to me as the right way to approach per-segment
path parameters, as the RFC is right now: ignore them, nobody's using them
because their purpose and management is not specified clearly enough .

> > It would have been nice if the appendix had included an example
> > such as ".;param=value/whatever" to make this point unambiguous.
>
> Indeed, that would be really really nice...  :)
>
> Maybe the OP should ask the "pros" at www-talk at w3.org
> <http://www.w3.org/Addressing/>

Maybe I'll do that one of these days. I think it is a question worth asking and
answering.

Thanks for the input.

--
alan kennedy