Protecting Source Code

Cameron Zemek grom_3 at optusnet.com.au
Fri May 9 22:01:07 EDT 2003

"Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message
news:3EBB9D88.F8E5F6F9 at engcorp.com...
> Cameron Zemek wrote:
> >
> > How can I protect my python source code for a commerical application?
>
> Define what "protection" means to you, specifically.

That they can not get the source with all my nice comments and variable
names from the byte-code. That is all. Copyright laws will do the rest. I
don't have any cool algorithms to protect and if I did, I could just patent
them. Anyway, I have used a decompiler on Java source before and its not
very nice (no comments, poorly named variables like x).

Not for custom business applications. http://ventedspleen.weblogger.com/