State of Python

Nick Vargish nav at adams.patriot.net
Wed May 28 09:38:55 EDT 2003

The Borders in Rockville, Maryland in the White Flint mall is still a
much better place to go for books than the B&N up the Pike. The staff
at Borders is really friendly and helpful, they know the shelves and
offer useful suggestions like, "You could order it from amazon.co.uk
if you can't find it here." (When is Banks' Dead Air coming to this
side of the pond?)

Borders might have become large, successful, and part of the
monoculture... but it's still a good place to go for books -- computer
and otherwise. And they'll be opening a store in Silver Spring, about
a 10 minute drive from my house (yay!). Hopefully the new one will be
as good as the one in Rockville.

Of course, Reiters Scientific is still the best place for technical
books in the metro DC area, but I don't make it down to K Street all
that often these days.

Nick

--
# sigmask.py  ||  version 0.2  ||  2003-01-07  ||  Feed this to your Python.
print reduce(lambda x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),'Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAqbusjpu/ofu?','')